Published on June 22nd, 2021 | by Mark Dwyer0
Aer Lingus Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering Apprentice Programme 2021
Aer Lingus has announced its 2021 Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering Apprentice Programme. The programme is run in conjunction with SOLAS, Further Education & Training Authority in Ireland. Taking approximately four years to complete, this forward-looking programme helps Aer Lingus with access to talented and qualified engineers for future growth. The training for this programme will take place initially in Dublin followed by some time spent in Shannon in year one before returning to Dublin to complete the programme. Aer Lingus are currently targeting a start date of September 2021.
The application process follows five steps
- Step 1. Apply on-line
- Step 2. Complete On-Line Assessments & Video Interview
- Step 3. Attend Interview via MS Teams
- Step 4. Medical and Security Check
- Step 5. Begin 4 Year Apprenticeship Training Programme commencing in September 2021
Candidates must be 18 years of age on the 1st September 2021
Candidates must have;
- Completed the Leaving Certificate Examinations in or before 2021 OR
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining other recognised educational equivalent OR
- Successful completion of an approved Pre-Apprenticeship course OR
- Three years’ work experience gained over sixteen years of age in a relevant designated industrial activity as SOLAS shall deem acceptable
Candidates must be physically fit and able to pass a colour vision test and medical assessment
Candidates must be willing to attend training in Dublin and Shannon and relocate as necessary for this training
Candidates must be fluent in English both written and spoken
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU
Candidates must hold or be eligible for a current unrestricted worldwide passport
Provide 2 verifiable references
Candidates must be able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check**
Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below:
Candidates must also have attained the following minimum educational qualifications to be considered. Candidates will be asked for results transcripts at a later stage in the process.
Grade O5 or higher at Ordinary Level in the Junior Certificate* (or equivalent) in the following subjects: English (ii) Mathematics (iii) Science* (iv) Any two other subjects Grade H6 or higher on Higher Level papers is acceptable
*If you have not attained the required grade in Science, the following is acceptable:
Junior Certificate – Technology, Technical Graphics, Materials Technology (Wood) or Metal Work (Materials and Technology).
Grade O6/D or higher at Ordinary Level in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) in one sitting in the following subjects: (i) English, (ii) Mathematics, (III) Science* (iv) Any two other subjects.
*Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physics and Chemistry, Applied Mathematics
If you have not obtained the required grade in any of the above Science subjects, the following is acceptable at Leaving Certificate Level: Construction Studies, Design and Communication, Graphics, Engineering and Technology
- Demonstrate a strong technical and mechanical interest
- A high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the programme for its 4 year duration
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative while contributing effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive professional relationships
The closing date for application is 27th June 2021, further details are available here.