If you are organising an event or know of an event that’s not listed below please let us know! You’ll find our contact details on the “Contact Us” page.
Fri12Jun2020Sun14Jun2020Clifden - Co. Galway
Details closer to the time.
Sat18Jul2020Kilkeel, Co. Down
Some information for those attending the Kilkeel Fly-in on Saturday 18th July by both air and road:
Once again the Mourne Flying Club and the Nicholson family look forward to welcoming you to our annual Fly-In BBQ for charity.
Airfield details are as follows:
Runway 01/19 Dimensions 790m x 12m grass
Airfield Elevation: 68 ft amsl
Frequency: 123.45 Mhz
For further details please contact
Gary Nicholson +44 7740 984246
Greg Nicholson +44 7802 460966
Information for Pilots:
Freecall 123.450 for airfield information and joining instructions. Derryogue is an uncontrolled airport so all communications from the ground are for information purposes only, all manoeuvres are at pilot discretion. We will be as helpful as possible with setting up the circuit and assisting all aircraft on arrival and departure. Maintain a good visual awareness, the circuit can be very busy with up to 5 or 6 aircraft at any given time. Maintain good separation and do 'S' turns if necessary on the approach. Be aware aircraft may also be backtracking. Most aircraft will be arriving about 1300 local time.
All circuits will be done to the WEST of the airfield. Left hand circuit if 01 is in use and right hand circuit if 19 is in use. On the aerial view attached below there are a few highlighted areas which we would like all pilots to avoid to create as little disruption for the neighbours as possible, this is gratefully appreciated.
On the ground there will be marshallers to assist with parking.
For departures and Go-Arounds we would ask that runway heading is maintained until 500ft AGL for noise abatement then make a left or right turnout as required.
An alternative airfield is "Aughrim", which is 1.8 niles North of Derryogue landing on runway 35 only.
Enjoy the fantastic the scenery the Mournes have to offer on the way!
Information for everyone else:
No drones under any circumstances.
We ask that dogs are not brought to the day, as they can run into harms way and cause problems.
Also aircraft can be dangerous and fragile. Never approach an aircraft that has a running engine, propellors can become invisible when turning. Please respect people's airplanes, do not touch any aircraft or any propellor, propellors can start without warning if moved. Do not cross the runway unless escorted at the designated crossing point.
Sun19Jul202010:00 amNewtownards - (EGAD)
The Ulster Flying Club will be hosting their annual airfield open day on Sunday 19th July 2020 at Newtownards Airport.
Everyone is welcome, FREE of charge.
We will be open from 10am to 6pm subject to weather conditions.
Further details HERE.
Sat29Aug2020Sun30Aug202011:00 amCauseway Airfield
Causeway Airfield would like to invite you to their Fly-in & BBQ which will be held on 29th-30th August 2020.
Airfield Details are as follows:
Co-ords: N: 55 03.476' W: 006 35.006'
RW 16/34 650 x 22 Metres Grass
RW 11/29 330 x 10 Metres Grass
Field Elevation: 33 ft AMSL
Frequency: 135.480 Mhz
Avgas available on site and Mogas can be arranged if required.
Thu17Sep20209:00 amIrish Aviation Authority Conference Centre
This year, the European Aviation Wellbeing Conference is organised by the European Aviation Wellbeing Committee, a non-profit organisation established to reduce the gap and act as a mediator between regulators, organisations and aviation professionals. Full details and tickets HERE.
Thu22Oct20209:00 amHilton Dublin Airport
Alan Phelan, Founder & CEO, APTN
- Jan Bosak, Senior Counsel, Clover Aircraft Leasing Company
- Michael Bradshaw, Technical Records Manager, Willis Asset Management
- Patrick Honnebier, Of Counsel, Rep Law and Professor International Aviation Financing and Leasing Laws
- Rachel McKay, Aircraft Expert Witness, KAYWAY.AERO & President, German Aircraft Appraiser Organization
- Bryson Monteleone, Senior Advisor to Aviation Finance Advisory Services, PwC Ireland & Chairman, ISTAT Appraisers' Program
- Ben Whelan, Founder & CEO, Shannon Technical Services
- Andrew Wilkins, CEO, Compass Aviation Services
- The importance of aircraft records and how they can be safeguarded
- Preserving aircraft records
- Airline redelivery readiness insights and how to proactively partner with airlines for a smooth on time aircraft redelivery
- Aircraft leasing: Technical issues
- Repossessing aircraft records
- Historic aircraft records and archiving
- The coronavirus crisis affirms that the new rules of the (Caribbean) Netherlands are needed to repossess risky foreign registered aircraft and their records
More details HERE.