Industry

Published on March 16th, 2021 | by Alan Dwyer

0

NAC Deliver One Dash 8-400 to LAM

Limerick based Nordic Aviation Capital (NAC) has delivered one De Havilland Dash8-400 to LAM Mozambique Airlines on lease. It is the first one delivered to the airline and it becomes a new customer for NAC. It will be used on the regional route network of LAM which comprises eleven destinations in the domestic market. In the region, LAM flies to Johannesburg, Dar-es-salaam and Nairobi, using Boeing 737-700’s and Embraer 145’s. LAM is the national airline of Mozambique and was established in November 1980 as a replacement of DETA Mozambique which was founded in 1936. State enterprise was transformed into a public company in 1998, but the government of Mozambique retained 91% of shares with the remaining 9% going to the employees. 

The aircraft is a 2007 built machine (c/n 4175) and was previously operated by Baboo and Darwin Airlines in Switzerland before spending some time in South Africa operating for South African Express from 2013 until 2019 when it was returned to NAC. It has been stored since. NAC’s current fleet of almost 500 aircraft includes ATR 42, ATR 72, De Havilland Dash 8, Mitsubishi CRJ900/1000, Airbus A220 and Embraer E-Jet family aircraft.

Recently, NAC have delivered the second aircraft in a fifteen aircraft deal with Breeze Airways in the United States. Breeze is a new start up with its first flights due to take place in the coming months

Tags: , ,


About the Author

Avatar



Comments are closed.

Back to Top ↑