Published on September 9th, 2021 | by Mark Dwyer0
Ulster Aviation Society Open Day Weekend
The Ulster Aviation Society (UAS) are again going to be part of the European Heritage Open Days Weekend this Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th September to give the public free access to their pair of authentic Second World War aircraft hangars, plus they’ll have at least three of their aircraft outside in the compound.
Guests are invited to wander around some volunteer Tour Guides will be on-hand at various aircraft and exhibits. They may well be some restoration work going on at the back of Hangar 2 (on the right) to show you what some of the Volunteers do.
- Hangar Opening Times: 10am – 5pm both days (SAT & SUN) via Gate 3.
- Several volunteer Tour Guides on site both days to help people at various aircraft around the two Second World War hangars.
- Indoor and Outdoor exhibits, although currently constrained a little by the last remnants of the scaffolding being removed from the multi-million pound re-fit on the huge Hangar 1 doors.
- Extensive Car Parking with new parking facilities being made available directly outside the fence — to the Left as you drive past the prison walls. Visitors will simply walk across to the gates and be directed from there through the middle gates, up to registration and in through Hangar 2’s doors on the right.
- Hands, Face & Space will be order of the day indoors; Hands & Space will be the order of the day outdoors.
- Mobile catering company on-site for Teas & Coffees etc.