Published on July 17th, 2019 | by Mark Dwyer0
New eGAR System Launched by UK Border Force
A General Aviation Report (GAR) form is required to be submitted by GA pilots who intend to fly to or from the UK (including Northern Ireland). With the exception of submitting through SkyDemon or using the AOPA service, GAR forms have always been a challenge to submit which involved faxing or attaching excel spreadsheets to emails. The UK Border Force have now launched their own online GAR Submission Website and are currently looking for feedback. Once you have registered, you will be able to:
- Submit GARs online quickly and easily
- Upload supporting documents, to help make travelling through the UK border even easier
- Manage all your GARs from a single platform
- Save your previous details, making submitting future GARs even quicker
- Create draft GARs for future travel
- Receive confirmation of GAR submission.
From our brief testing of the service, it looks good and you can also submit a form via a Smartphone which is a huge benefit. Unfortunately the restrictive notification periods remain in place which require all flights to and from the Republic of Ireland and the UK to be notified at least 12 hours in advance.
To register and submit a GAR online, please visit www.gov.uk/submit-gar