Published on October 17th, 2017 | by Mark Dwyer0
Aer Lingus launch Largest Ever Pilot Recruitment Drive
Aer Lingus have announced that up to 100 direct entry pilot positions are available in the largest ever recruitment drive for the airline. The positions will be for the airlines’ home base at Dublin Airport on the fleet of Airbus A320/1 with future opportunities to fly the Airbus A330. Aer Lingus currently have over 100 destinations with a recent big expansion on their transatlantic network. In the last two years they have launched Hartford, Los Angeles, Newark, Miami and, just this month, Philadelphia from Dublin. This winter the company will operate their largest ever flying programme, boasting 300,000 additional seats to Europe and North America.
Aer Lingus will continue their expansion over the next few years with the addition of eight new Airbus A321neo LR’s. The order was originally for seven but on 12th October, Air Lease Corporation announced a long term lease agreement with Aer Lingus for one additional new Airbus A321neo LR aircraft. The aircraft, delivering in June 2019, will be the eighth A321neo LR leased to the airline and is from ALC’s order book with Airbus. The next Airbus A330-300 is due for delivery before year end (full story here)
According to Mike Rutter, Aer Lingus Chief Operating Officer “This is an exciting time to join Aer Lingus. As Ireland’s only 4 Star airline, we are proud to be internationally recognised for the 4 Star quality guest experience we provide. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are committed to delivering our excellent service and who are tuned into the challenging commercial priorities faced by a value carrier in today’s highly competitive aviation sector. There are 100 positions available for direct entry pilots and over the next three years we plan to recruit up to 200.”
For more information, visit the Aer Lingus website here. The closing date for entry is Sunday 29th of October.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Essential criteria for application
- A valid EASA issued ATPL (or frozen ATPL)
- A current ME/IR
- MCC qualification
- EASA Class 1 Medical certificate
- Provide 2 verifiable references
- English Language Proficiency level 5 or higher
- Permanently eligible to live and work in the EU with an unrestricted worldwide passport.
- Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure
- Possession and demonstration of the key competencies outlined below
Key Competencies include
- Highly motivated and keen to take responsibility and accountability
- Strong leadership potential with well developed teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in English, spoken and written
- Proven Interpersonal skills that fit with the Aer Lingus value
- A broad awareness of our customers’ expectations
- Flexible and adaptable with an enthusiastic and positive attitude to change
- An understanding of a pilot’s influence on commercial priorities
- A Safety focus consistent with our ‘Just Culture’ model
- Applicants who hold a current Airbus type-rating
- Multi-crew commercial experience or 500 hours
There are some minimum standards that everyone needs to pass to secure a job as a Pilot with us:
- You must have the right to live and work in the location you wish to work without sponsorship from Aer Lingus. We will ask you for proof of your eligibility to work if you are selected for an interview.
- Pilots will need to hold a valid passport that allows unrestricted travel worldwide travel
- You will need to pass our security clearance procedure.
- You must be in procession of an EASA Class 1 Medical certificate and ATPL