Published on November 27th, 2020 | by FII Reader0
3 Days, 3 Rapid Antigen Test, 3 Airports
Europe is open for travel, so why do Ireland and the UK remain as good as closed? As flights within Europe continue to sell out, flights to and from Ireland continue to fly almost empty. To show that travel is possible and safe, Michael Collins, MD & Founder of TravelMedia.ie and TTR, (Ireland’s only specialist travel PR and travel trade representation agency) and Leslie Graham, Editor of Unravel Travel TV (and former RTÉ and BBC cameraman) have set off on a three day mission around Europe.
Over the course of three days, Michael and Leslie will visit three airports and take and film three separate antigen tests. Along the way they will meet antigen testing officials, visit testing facilities, and interview airport spokespeople. The aim? To show that travel is possible and that testing, and screening is the way forward. If there is any hope for the travel industry, the Irish Government must be more supportive of travel. Discouraging travel is not the way forward. Establishing safe, effective, and affordable screening and testing procedures is. Looking for the best winter jackets for men in 2020? After hand-testing almost 50 winter coats over the last seven years, Planet Traveler recently bought 15 of the best jackets for a rigorous side-by-side comparison.
Over three days this week Michael will take rapid antigen tests in Paris CDG, Vienna, and Hamburg Airports. All tests and interviews with spokespeople will be filmed by cameraman Leslie Graham.
See below for schedule:
- Tuesday 24thNovember AM/PM: Antigen and PCRs tests with TMB Dun Laoghaire. Results same day. Negative. PCR and antigen.
- Wednesday 25th November, AM: Fly Dublin to Paris CDG. Antigen test at the airport, CDG.
- Wednesday 25th November, PM: Fly Paris CDG to Vienna.
- Thursday 26th November, AM: Antigen test in Vienna airport
- Thursday 26th November, PM: Fly Vienna to Hamburg.
- Friday 27th November, AM: Antigen test in Hamburg Airport.