Published on September 27th, 2020 | by Mark Dwyer0
Aer Lingus Launches Aircraft Engineer Apprenticeships
Aer Lingus has decided to continue its investment in Apprentice Engineers in 2020. Taking approximately four years, the apprentice engineer programme will help to ensure Aer Lingus has access to talented and qualified engineers for future growth. The apprenticeship will work in conjunction with SOLAS, Further Education & Training Authority in Ireland.
Applications are currently being invited for suitably interested and motivated individuals to apply for the Aer Lingus Aircraft Engineer Apprenticeship. If you have a strong interest in this field then this is your opportunity to become part of the airline’s highly skilled Maintenance and Engineering team and train and qualify as an Aircraft Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of the 2020 intake of new Aer Lingus Aircraft Apprentices. November 2020 is the anticipated start date however this is subject to change.
As part of Aer Lingus’ broader commitment to diversity and inclusion, the airline is keen to attract candidates that can add variety and diversity to their programme. They are encouraging applications from all profiles and backgrounds. To be considered for the programme, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be 18 years of age on the 1st September 2020
- Candidates must have;
- Completed the Leaving Certificate Examinations in or before 2020 OR
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining other recognised educational equivalent OR
- Successful completion of an approved Pre-Apprenticeship course OR
- Three years’ work experience gained over sixteen years of age in a relevant designated industrial activity as SOLAS shall deem acceptable
- Candidates must be physically fit and able to pass a colour vision test and medical assessment
- Candidates must be fluent in English both written and spoken
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU
- Candidates must hold or be eligible for a current unrestricted worldwide passport
- Provide 2 verifiable references Candidates must be able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check
Candidates must also have attained the following minimum educational qualifications to be considered. Candidates will be asked for results transcripts at a later stage in the process.
- Grade O5 or higher at Ordinary Level in the Junior Certificate* (or equivalent) in the following
subjects: English (ii) Mathematics (iii) Science* (iv) Any two other subjects Grade H6 or higher on Higher Level papers is acceptable
If you have not attained the required grade in Science, the following is acceptable:
- Junior Certificate – Technology, Technical Graphics, Materials Technology (Wood) or Metal Work (Materials and Technology). OR
- Grade O6/D or higher at Ordinary Level in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) in one sitting in the following subjects: (i) English, (ii) Mathematics, (III) Science* (iv) Any two other subjects. Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physics and Chemistry, Applied Mathematics
If you have not obtained the required grade in any of the above Science subjects, the following is acceptable at Leaving Certificate Level:
- Construction Studies,
- Design and Communication,
- Engineering and Technology
Grade O5 or higher at Ordinary Level in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) in maths
- Demonstrate a strong technical and mechanical interest
- A high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the programme for its 4 year duration
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative while contributing effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive professional relationships
For more details, please click here.