Published on March 19th, 2020 | by FII Reader0
VA Celebrates 24 Months of APS MCC with 24 Bursaries
VA Airline Training (VA) is celebrating 24 months of leading EASA MCC Airline Pilot Standards (APS MCC) training in Europe. To recognise this key milestone, VA will award 24 £500 bursaries to enable 24 new APS MCC trainees to embark upon the final ab initio leg of their airline pilot training journey at a reduced cost.
VA was the first ATO to provide APS MCC training in the UK and is the only UK-based Ryanair Training Partner for APS MCC training. VA announced the £500 ‘Birthday 24’ bursaries at Pilot Careers Live in Dublin on 7th March 2020. The first 24 cadets to book either their VA APS MCC or Ryanair Mentored APS MCC course will be able to secure their training for the reduced fee of £6,400 including VAT. These bursaries complement the ‘Competency Assurance’ provided by VA which enables graduate competency to be achieved at no further cost to the trainee.
To offer even further support, VA also offers trainees the opportunity to avail themselves of four regular fee incentives with a potential further £600 saving:
- Birds of a Feather: VA’s industry incentive entitling those already in possession of a valid industry crew ID (or have parents who hold industry ID) to a £150 fee incentive.
- Book as a Pair: £150 fee incentive per trainee if they book the same APS MCC course at the same time
- Point a Pilot: A VA Graduate Loyalty incentive. VA Graduates may ‘Point’ a friend to complete their APS MCC with VA and both parties benefit. The ‘Pointed’ pilot earns a £150 credit towards their APS MCC or future training. The ‘Pointing’ VA Graduate pilot also earns a £150 credit towards an Airline Simulator Assessment Preparation session or Flight Simulator Experience with VA.
- Early Bird (Single Advance Payment): Cadets who pay in full at least 60 days in advance of their course start date receive a £150 fee incentive.
Over the past 24 months, VA has set the APS MCC standard in the industry and demonstrated its pioneering approach with a number of significant achievements in addition to APS MCC approval for both B737NG and A320 types. VA’s Managing Director, Anthony Petteford commented, “At VA we are determined to ensure both our airline and cadet customers receive the highest standard of competency-based training utilising industry-leading technology and highly experienced instructors. We are proud of our achievements and want to share some of our success with our cadet customers. In turn, we are confident that our APS MCC graduates are just what our airline customers seek: Airline Ready pilots”.
Supporting Pilot Redundancies
The aviation community is our extended ‘family’ and the team at VA Airline Training would like to support any pilots affected by redundancy where we can:
1. Any VA APS MCC graduate who has been/is made redundant from a flying role with any airline, may receive a VA Airline Simulator Assessment Preparation (ASAP) course (on either B737NG/A320 type: 2-hours PF or 4-hours crew PF/PM) to support re-employment –Free Of Charge
2. Any Flybe pilots made redundant who were also previously made redundant by Thomas Cook, irrespective of where they were trained, may receive a VA ASAP course (on either B737NG/A320 type: 2-hours PF or 4-hours crew PF/PM) to support re-employment – Free Of Charge
3. Any Flybe pilot made redundant (taking into account above), irrespective of where they trained, may receive a VA ASAP course (on either B737NG/A320 type: 2-hours PF or 4-hours crew PF/PM) –Special Birds of a Feather rate – 25% reduction.
For more information and to book, call +44 (0) 1223 979 737 or email email@example.com